For more information on Transportation Services operations, please click here. In response to the Yolo County Shelter in Place order and the Chancellor’s guidance to suspend campus operations,
Transportation Services offices and Kiosks will be closed until further notice. We will have a staff member responding to emails Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Campus Parking Guide

Campus Parking Guide

Campus Resident Parking

Students and Employees Living in Residence Halls

Students and employees living in residence halls or other campus housing areas are not eligible to purchase longer term campus day use permits, and vehicles registered to a resident (or the resident’s family name/address) are subject to citation and additional sanctions when displaying these permits. 

  • Information for Solano Park, Russell Park, LaRue Park, The Colleges at LaRue, Primero Grove, 8th & Wake, West Village residents
  • • Residents of these housing facilities are not eligible for longer-term campus day use permits. Residents may purchase a campus Night (N) permit, which is valid on campus 5–10 p.m.
    • Permits for these housing areas are issued by the respective housing office and must be fully displayed in your vehicle, as indicated on the permit in a position clearly visible to Parking Enforcement Officers (Transportation Services does not provide services to the 8th & Wake property). Housing permits are not valid in campus parking areas.
    • Parking regulations in these housing areas are enforced 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including quarter breaks and the summer. Please contact your respective housing office to determine their policies in regard to visitor parking (individuals visiting on site).
  • Information for Segundo, Tercero, and Cuarto residents
  • • Students living in the residence halls may not bring a vehicle to campus and are expected to walk, bike or utilize public transportation. There are many public transportation options and travel planning resources available to assist with your transportation needs. To view a detailed list, please click here to visit the Student Housing website.
    • Residence hall residents are not eligible to purchase or display longer-term campus parking permits.
    • Visitor permits or EasyPark units may be purchased to accommodate occasional parking needs.
  • Parking Exceptions for Students
  • Residents who feel they have extenuating circumstances that may warrant an exception to the Student Housing Parking Policy may submit a request for an exception to Transportation Services. Appeals for reasons such as the distance one lives from home, work/class obligations, vehicle ownership, social activities, etc. will not be considered.

    Students who are granted an exception shall be required to park in a specific, remote parking area and will not have full campus parking privileges. A "RES" permit may be purchased for the term authorized and will provide parking in non-restricted spaces on Garrod Drive West (RL permit area) or the Hopkins District Parking Lot. After 5:00 pm, “RES” permits are honored on the main campus in unrestricted permit spaces.
  • Steps to apply for a RES permit:
  • 1. A request form must be completed and submitted to Transportation Services along with a statement that details the need to have a vehicle on campus, supporting documentation to substantiate the written statement, and a copy of the vehicle registration. All forms, statements and documentation must be complete and are subject to audit and verification.

    2. Transportation Services will review and respond to requests within 2 weeks from the date of receipt. Exceptions will be granted only if there is a legitimate, documented need that other/public transportation options cannot accommodate.

    3. If granted, residents will be required to provide Transportation Services with proof of vehicle registration at the time of permit purchase, and the vehicle license plate number will be recorded on the permit.

    4. Students are required to contact Transportation Services if their circumstances change for reevaluation of the exception.
NoticeStudents who misuse permits or falsify information may have current/future permit privileges revoked, waive any right to a refund, and/or be subject to other sanctions including referral to Student Judicial Affairs.

→ back to top

Contractor Parking

Contractors who are authorized to work on projects that provide a fenced off dirt/gravel staging area can purchase a parking identifier from Transportation Services. These identifiers are offered for a $3.60 base rate, plus $2.90 for each month the permit is valid. They are valid only in the area designated for the project.

Contractors who are required to park in other areas of campus, may utilize any of the parking options that are available to other campus visitors:

  • Purchase a daily visitor permit, valid in Visitor and C permit spaces, available for purchase at kiosks located at the entrance to most visitor lots.
  • Pay and park in a metered space before 5 p.m. (up to the maximum time posted) at the rate of $1.50 per hour, and time zones are available at no cost when the vehicle is parked for no longer than the posted time limit.
  • Park in metered spaces after 5 p.m. without inserting coins.

→ back to top

Delivery Vehicle Parking

Suppliers who make short-term deliveries with marked company vehicles, such as UPS, DHL, Office Max, Fed Ex, are not required to purchase a permit if they park in areas appropriate for loading/unloading while making a delivery.

However, couriers in personal and unmarked vehicles may use the parking options available to Vendors, as noted here.

→ back to top

Disabled Parking

Disabled UC Davis students, staff and academics may park on campus in disabled spaces, unrestricted A/C permit spaces, at meters without inserting coin, and for extended periods in green time zones when displaying their DMV issued disabled person's placard/plate along with a Transportation Services issued courtesy DSA permit.

ArrowEffective July 1, 2018: UC Davis will no longer charge disabled individuals for their campus DSA (Disabled) parking permit. For additional information please see the announcement from Vice Chancellor of Finance, Operations & Administration, Kelly Ratliff, or read our FAQ. If you have any questions please contact Transportation Services.
  • Additional information for Disabled UC Davis students, staff and academic parking
  • • Areas that are restricted to specific vehicles or permits (e.g. gated central campus, Exempt vehicles, one hour A spaces, event reserved spaces, etc.) may require pre-authorization and purchase of an appropriate permit.
    • A DSA permit may be obtained at no charge by visiting the Transportation Services Office with the disabled person's placard/plate registration paperwork and photo ID (disabled patrons may bypass the line and go directly to Window #1 for assistance).
    • Disabled staff or academics whose disability is severe in nature and requires additional transportation or parking accommodations should contact the campus Disability Management Services Office at 530-752-6008 for instructions on submitting a request for accommodation. Please allow 3-4 business days for processing. Students requiring additional assistance should contact the Student Disability Center.
  • See information on Temporary Medical Parking Permits
  • • A temporary medical parking permit is available to individuals with temporary disabilities and will provide parking where "A" permits are honored and at parking meters.
    • The medical permit does not allow parking in disabled spaces or other restricted areas.
    • A temporary medical parking permit provides accommodation up to 2 calendar months only per injury. If you require parking accommodations for longer than this term you may wish to apply for a disabled placard through the California State Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
    • After obtaining a DMV issued placard, you may purchase a campus DSA (disabled) permit from Transportation Services.
    • If you wish to purchase a temporary medical permit you will need to obtain a statement of health from your physician, on letter head, noting the nature of the disability and the duration that accommodation is required (beginning and ending dates). Otherwise, accommodations will be made effective from the date of the physician's statement of health.
    • The cost for processing a Medical Permit is $15, and it must be displayed with a valid UC Davis permit. If you do not already have a campus permit you may purchase one according to the permit types, terms and rates offered.

Disabled Campus Visitors

Disabled campus visitors may park with their disabled placard/plate in spaces where DSA permits are honored as noted above, without displaying an additional permit. Visitors who frequently park on campus with a disabled placard/license plate should register their vehicle with Transportation Services. For more information regarding this process, please email Transportation Services or call 530-752-8277 during regular business hours.

→ back to top

Electric Vehicle Parking

Electric vehicles are required to display a valid campus parking permit and may park in a space where the permit is honored. Electric vehicles may also utilize spaces that are designated for electric vehicle charging at various locations around campus (please see permit requirements and restrictions below). These spaces provide access for charging purposes only, up to the posted time limit. Please be courteous to other electric vehicle drivers and do not unplug vehicles without the owner’s express consent. Transportation Services requests that you return the cord to the charging station when finished.

ELEC decals are not required for use on the following permits:

Electric Vehicle Charging Options

  • Level 1 Charging (110 outlets) | Electric vehicles displaying a valid UC Davis permit with an ELEC decal may park on campus in a space where the permit is honored. Vehicles may charge for an unlimited period each day.  Daily Visitor Permits are exempt from the ELEC decal requirement.
  • Level 2 Charging (32 amp chargers) | Vehicles displaying any valid UC Davis permit with an ELEC decal may park and charge up to the posted 4-hour limit, after which time the vehicle must be moved to a parking space for which their permit type allows. Daily Visitor Permits are exempt from the ELEC overlay requirement.
  • Permit requirements for Electric Vehicles
  • Transportation Services remains committed to supporting commuters who choose green commute alternatives. Although electricity for vehicle charging has historically been provided at no cost to drivers, establishment of this new charging rate is necessary to comply with new tax laws (Unrelated Business Income Tax) and to help recover some of the costs associated with TAPS providing electricity to our EV customers. 
    → Please see the Electric Vehicle page for more information.

    • Electric vehicles charging at designated charging stations or electrical outlets on the main campus are required to display an appropriate permit. An ELEC decal must be purchased (effective July 1, 2019, the cost is $10/mo) from Transportation Services and applied to one of the following valid UC Davis permits:
    Any Monthly, Quarter, Semester, Annual or Multi-year permit, including M (motorcycle) and those issued for departmental use
    CP (Carpool) and GP (Vanpool) permits
    GCA/GCC (goClub) cardstock 24-use permits (offered at a one month rate)
    •  ELEC decals must be purchased using the same payment method (payroll deduction, credit card, etc.) and with the same expiration date as the permit it is applied to. Members of the goClub may purchase a decal for their complimentary 24-use GCC/GCA permit for a flat fee of $10. To obtain an ELEC decal for a current permit, please come into Transportation Services during our regular business hours with the permit the decal will be used on.
    •  ELEC decals must be purchased using the same payment method (payroll deduction, credit card, etc.) and with the same expiration date as the permit it is applied to. Members of the goClub may purchase a decal for their complimentary 24-use GCC/GCA permit for a flat fee of $10. To obtain an ELEC decal for a current permit, please come into Transportation Services during our regular business hours with the permit the decal will be used on.

→ back to top

Retiree Parking

The UC Davis campus encourages retired staff and faculty to remain active within the campus community and interact with colleagues and students. The University is grateful for the volunteer services and contributions of UC Davis retirees and realizes the value of the retiree parking program in support of these continued efforts. The campus will continue to fund retiree parking through the fiscal year ending June 2019. In light of our current campus budget challenges, the Retiree Parking Program will continue to be evaluated in future years and any program changes or updates will be communicated to "RT" permit holders.

Former faculty and staff, identified by the campus Benefits Office as officially retired, as well as retirees from other UC campuses who join either the UC Davis Retirees' Association or UC Davis Emeriti Association, can obtain a complimentary Retiree Parking Permit (RT). RT permits provide "A" permit parking privileges on the UC Davis campus and "B" permit parking at the UC Davis Health system.

  • Ways to obtain a RT Parking Permit:
  • •  Visit Transportation Services during regular office hours, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
    •  Request a permit via email
    •  Request a permit by fax, 530-752-6966
  • The following forms of identification must be provided at the time of request:
  • •  Driver's License or State issued ID
    •  AggieCard (obtained from the AggieCard office at the Memorial Union)
    •  Retirement confirmation letter (mailed from UCRS when retirement is confirmed) or direct deposit/SurePay pension statement (downloaded from "At Your Service" website)
  • Retiree parking eligibility requirements:
  • There are established policies and eligibility requirements to ensure the integrity of the retiree permit program and to minimize program costs.
    • If retired faculty or staff members return to attend school or to work for the University with an employment appointment (regardless of percentage) and/or are being compensated for their services, they are no longer eligible for the permit.
    • RT permits are not transferable and may be used only by the individual to whom the permit is issued.
    • Permits and/or future parking privileges may be revoked as a result of inappropriate use. We appreciate your cooperation with these RT permit conditions.
    • Should your permit be lost or stolen, please notify Transportation Services immediately. There is a cost to replace a lost or stolen permit. If you have any questions or comments please contact Transportation Services.
NoticeRetiree Permits are not valid in red zones, disabled spaces (unless your DMV issued placard is displayed), reserved or carpool spaces (until after the posted time), Diamond E/Vendor areas, "H", "D", or "TH" areas, special permit, loading/time zones beyond the posted time, or other restricted spaces. Regulations for these areas are enforced 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including holidays.

→ back to top

UC Reciprocity

The University of California campuses offer reciprocity to academics and staff for parking permits. Each campus has a unique set of circumstances relating to various parking issues (parking spaces available, various rates, access by gate, kiosks, specific designated lots, etc.). Because of these differences, the permit holder should do the following:

  1. Contact the appropriate campus parking office to arrange reciprocal parking. By contacting the campus you plan to visit in advance, faculty and staff will know what to expect before they get there.
  2. Stop at the information/parking booth or the Parking Office when you arrive at the campus you are visiting. Once there, pick up a permit for that specific campus (there may be a charge). This will enable the host campus to give appropriate information about available parking and additional access (i.e., mag stripe access ticket to UCLA gate-controlled areas) if needed.
ArrowStudent permits do not have reciprocity. Students from other UC campuses must purchase parking at each individual campus according to the availability, rate, etc. for that campus. If a student from one campus (for example, UCSB) is taking a class at another campus (for example, UCLA), the student may apply for a permit according to the regulations and eligibility set forth by the host campus (for example above, UCLA).
  • What's the purpose of reciprocity?
  • Reciprocity among the UC campuses is for the purpose of expediting university business conducted by the faculty or staff member at the host campus, and is valid for no more than five consecutive days. If an employee from another UC campus is working or teaching for a period longer than five days, a permit purchase may be required.

→ back to top

Vendor Parking

Vendors who regularly visit the campus and park for extended periods have the option of purchasing a campus vendor permit (V). Vendor permits provide access to posted "vendor" spaces, in addition to A and C permit spaces. Vendor permits are sold by the day, month or through the fiscal year, and may be purchased from Transportation Services. See Permit Types and Rates for current permit rates.

  • Information on Vendor Permits and Parking
  • • Purchase a vendor parking permit (V)
    • Buy a daily vendor permit if parking all day (before 5 p.m.) at the West and South Gate Kiosks.
    • Pay and park in a metered space before 5 p.m. (up to the maximum time posted) at the rate of $1.50 per hour, and time zones are available at no cost when the vehicle is parked for no longer than the posted time limit.
    • Park in metered spaces after 5 p.m. without inserting coins.
    • Buy and use an EasyPark Personal Parking Meter. Pre-load your meter, display it on your dashboard and only pay for the time you use.
    • • Vendors also have access to any of the parking options that are available to other campus visitors. Daily visitor permits are valid in Visitor and C permit spaces, and are available for purchase at the entrance to most visitor lots.

→ back to top

Visitor Parking

A valid UC Davis permit is required to park on campus. Visitor permits are valid for the date purchased and are honored in the lots listed below, Monday-Friday from 7 a.m.–10 p.m. Daily Visitor Permits (VP) may be purchased from permit-dispensing machines located at the lot entrances. Permit dispensers accept Visa and Mastercard only (they do not accept cash).

Parking Lots with Daily Permit Dispensers

  • Lots 1, 2, 5, 15, 17, 22, 25, 30, 31, 35, 40, 47, 49, 50, 53, 55, 56, 57, 81
  • Permits are also available at Hopkins Parking Facility, Putah Creek Lodge, Pavilion Parking Structure, Gateway Parking Structure and Quad District Parking Structure.

Visitor Parking Permit Information

  • The cost of Visitor parking permits is not refundable, so please read posted signage to determine if a permit is required.
  • After 5 p.m., Visitor Permits are also available from permit dispensing machines located at many of the entrances to "A" Permit parking lots. These permits are valid in non-restricted parking spaces and at meters Monday-Friday, and are valid only on the night purchased.
  • Permits should be displayed on the driver's side dashboard of the vehicle.
  • Visitor permits are not honored in restricted spaces (see Restricted Spaces below).
  • Visitors may also purchase daily/multi-use (up to 10 uses) visitor permit.
  • Parking Meters are available for the time purchased by coin, not to exceed the length of time posted for the area. Meter feeding is prohibited. The vehicle must be moved when the maximum time has elapsed.
  • EasyPark Personal Parking Meter is available for purchase from Transportation Services.

→ See information on Restricted Spaces

→ back to top