Causeway Connection: Zero-Emission Buses Connecting UC Davis
The Causeway Connection (Route 138) is a zero-emission bus service free to UC Davis staff and students (through May 3, 2023). Managed by SacRT, this hourly service runs between Davis and Sacramento, Monday through Friday, and offers trips between the Silo Terminal at UC Davis and the UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento. All trips serve all three Davis stops:
- Mondavi Center
- Genome Biological Science Facility
- Silo Bus Terminal
UC Davis Affiliates Ride at No Charge!
The Causeway Connection will be open to everyone and UC Davis is covering fares for all affiliates (students, employees, retirees, volunteers). Affiliates will be able to ride for free through May 3, 2023. When you board the bus, just show the bus driver your official UC Davis or UC Davis Health ID/Badge and you're good to go! Non-affiliates may pay their fare with cash, Connect Card, or through the SacRT mobile app.
Bus Schedule Highlights
By switching from diesel to electric buses, and offering expanded route timing, we can help reduce regional emissions and congestion on the I-80 Causeway. The planners at UC Davis, SacRT and Yolobus appreciate the ideas and input provided by current riders, which helped inform this schedule.
- Multiple non-stop and express trips between UC Davis and UC Davis Health during peak commute hours
- Hourly direct trips between the Davis Campus and UC Davis Health during midday hours
- 52 trips daily between UC Davis and UC Davis Health
- Early morning and evening service
- Peak-hour seating capacity for 99 people
- Most trips can deliver riders to their destination before the start of each hour
About the Causeway Connection Schedule
The Causeway Connection will run on weekdays, its operating hours will be comparable to today, with extended evening hours (first bus arrives at each campus around 6:15 a.m., last departure at 8:20 p.m.). Barring significant traffic delays, a trip between the Davis Campus and UC Davis Health should take approximately 35 minutes. The daily schedule will be determined by Sac RT and YoloBus, which will operate the Causeway Connection.
- Click here to see the Causeway Connection Route
- The Causeway Connection will offer multiple direct, express trips between UC Davis and UC Davis Health, with the final route determined by Sac RT and YoloBus.
• Its terminal destination on the UC Davis Health campus will be the future mobility hub for UC Davis Health at the corner of 45th and Y Streets.
• Some peak-hour trips between the Davis Campus and UC Davis Health will include stops along P, Q & R streets.
• Stops on the Davis Campus in front of the Mondavi Center, GBSF and the Silo.
• Some stops at the Mace Blvd. Park & Ride (near Mace Boulevard & I-80 interchange).