Special Event Parking
Large events will affect parking availability in certain lots/areas, and our guide and Parking Impact Calendar (below) can help drivers identify and plan for those impacts before coming to campus. Parking for Mondavi performances, football games, and many other events can be purchased in advance via the ParkMobile reservation system, at a cost savings over day-of purchases.
Permits are required to park on campus Monday - Friday from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., and on weekends when event attendants are present. Event rates may be in effect for parking lots/structures adjacent to the venue, during which time hourly and reduced affiliate rates will not be available via ParkMobile.
- WEEKDAY EVENTS: For events held Monday through Friday, UC Davis staff, faculty and students may park at the affiliate rate through ParkMobile. Level Rate Parking Permits (LRPP) and payments made through the app earlier in the day will be honored. Retirees with a valid Retiree (RT) permit and attendees with a DMV-issued disabled person’s parking placard/license plate may park at no charge.
- WEEKEND EVENTS: For events held Saturday or Sunday, attendees must pay the event rate in effect within the lots/structures adjacent to the venue, as indicated by signage at the entrance. Retirees with a valid Retiree (RT) permit and attendees with a DMV-issued disabled person’s parking placard/license plate may park at no charge. If attendants and/or event rate pricing signage are not present, all attendees may park at no charge.
Event Services for Campus Departments
Transportation Services offers a comprehensive event parking program that manages vehicular access, provides parking convenience, and maintains a positive presence throughout major events on the Davis campus, to better serve attendees at events that impact the campus parking program. Campus departments may request event permits, attendants and/or reserved spaces through the online system. Fees will be charged for event services as outlined below.
- Reserved Parking Spaces | Choose this option if you would like to reserve parking spaces for your guests.
- Reserved parking spaces for guests include weekday and weekend events. Please note that additional costs may be required for larger setups.
- • $13.50/day for each space reserved
- • $74/setup cost (which includes signs and setup)
- Conference Permits | Conference permits are an option for large conferences/meetings on campus.
- Conference permits are designed to provide parking for up to ten sequential days. For those instances when an event's duration may be longer than ten days, please contact the Events & Access Supervisor by email, or by phone: 530-752-7657.
- • $12.50/day per permit
- • $74 permit preparation fee per order.
- Parking Attendants | Choose this option if you would like parking attendants to staff the parking lot(s) at your event.
- Parking attendants are a good option for departments who want the added customer service of a parking attendant to sell permits so that guests do not have to use the permit dispensing machines. You may use this option in conjunction with conference permits when the department picks up the permit cost for guests, or elect to have the attendant(s) sell permits to guests as they arrive.
The department will be charged $16/per hour per attendant (plus one additional hour per attendant for preparation and completion)
- • $74.00 processing fee