University Airport History
The University Airport was first conceived by C. Harold Hopkins in 1946. The University of California acquired the Airport, along with agricultural land, early in 1950 and continues to provide airport facilities to the Davis campus, the City of Davis, and to the general public. Davis is the only campus in the University of California system with an airport.
The Airport is operated as a general aviation airport. The Airport offers the sale of aviation fuel (100 LL) and rents hangars, open shades and tie downs for aircraft storage. Additionally, there are two fixed base operators located at the Airport that provide aircraft maintenance (Davis Air Repair), flight instruction, and aircraft rentals. (Cal Aggie Flying Farmers)
The airport meets all safety factors and physical requirements necessary for operation as a general aviation airport under the rules and regulations of the Federal Aviation Administration and the State Division of Aeronautics. University Airport Rules and Regulations have been established to protect health, safety, peace and to provide for the orderly conduct of activities on the Airport. Copies are available at the University Airport Office.