Employee Parking Information - Daily Rates Available on January 1, 2021
Daily parking rates will be available for employees in C ($3/day) and L ($2/day) permit areas and may be paid for through the ParkMobile app.* Employees may choose to purchase a monthly parking permit, which will remain available to staff and academics through June 30, 2021. Beginning July 1, 2021, monthly parking permits will no longer be available.
* Please note, if you choose to purchase a monthly parking permit, are an active goClub member, or do not use your UCD email address to set up your ParkMobile account, you will not be eligible for the affiliate daily rates noted above.
Student Parking Information - Daily Rates Begin on January 1, 2021
Daily parking rates take effect for students in C ($3/day) and L ($2/day) permit areas and may be paid for through the ParkMobile app. ** Monthly parking permits will no longer be available for students.
** Please note, if you are an active goClub member, or you do not use your UC Davis email address to set up your ParkMobile account you will not be eligible for the affiliate daily rates noted above.
General Permit Information
All parking regulations are enforced during quarter breaks and summer. A valid UC Davis permit is required to park on campus, either as a displayed monthly permit or a permit paid for through the ParkMobile app. You may find more information about ParkMobile by clicking here.
- Paying for daily parking with ParkMobile does not require a physical permit. Once you pay through the ParkMobile app, Compliance Officers will be able to scan your vehicle’s license plate and determine if payment for parking has been paid for on your parked vehicle for that day. Failure to pay for daily parking may result in a citation.
- Physical monthly permits will remain available to employees through June 30, 2021. If used, a physical permit must be fully displayed on the driver's side of the dashboard or on the rearview mirror in a position clearly visible to Compliance Officers. Failure to display a physical permit may result in a citation.
- Overnight parking is prohibited without prior authorization from Transportation Services.
- Employees may purchase monthly parking permits online (through June 2021) from a category for which they are eligible. Staff and faculty may also request payroll deduction permits. Resale, transfer, or use by anyone other than the original purchaser is prohibited and violations of this policy are subject to citation and additional sanctions. Permit sharing may result in citation issuance, revocation or suspension of future permit privileges, refund forfeiture, and/or a referral to the Office of Student Support and Judicial Affairs (OSSJA).
Monthly Permit Sales -- For employees only, available through June 30, 2021
Monthly or longer-term parking permits are sold by the full calendar month (the first day of the month through the last day of the month) and are not prorated for partial months.
Additional Parking Information
- Permits are not required on weekends or University holidays unless special event attendants are present.
- Hangtag-style permits should be visibly displayed hanging from the rearview mirror, with the permit number and type facing out.
- Lock your vehicle to help protect valuables.
- Park only in marked spaces where your permit is honored.
- Failure to display the entire permit clearly may result in a citation.
- Decal permits must be attached to the rear bumper on the driver's side of the vehicle or attached to a plastic vehicle card and placed on the driver's side of the dashboard or windshield.
- Visitor Permits | Daily permit options are available from permit dispensers for visitors and others who only need hourly or other short-term parking.
- Campus Housing Parking | Housing areas and restricted spaces require the display of an appropriate permit 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Campus housing residents are generally not eligible for long-term day-use permits. However, for the remainder of this fiscal year (through 6/30/21) we have offered both dorms and privatized housing residents an exception to pay the affiliate rates via the ParkMobile app. Please click here to learn more about ParkMobile.
- Motorcycle Permits | For customers who drive a motorcycle or convertible and require a more secure method to display their permit, a wire cable, lock, and permit holder is available for an additional non-refundable fee. The cable may be locked to the steering wheel or frame to prevent loss or theft. Please contact Transportation Services for current rates.