A valid UC Davis permit is required to park on campus. All parking regulations are enforced during quarter breaks and during summer. You may find more information here. Permits must be fully displayed on the driver's side of the dashboard or on the rear view mirror in a position clearly visible to Enforcement officers. Overnight parking is prohibited without prior authorization from Transportation Services.
Parking permits may be purchased online, by UC Davis Staff, Faculty and Students from a category for which they are eligible. Staff and faculty may also request payroll deduction permits. Resale, transfer or use by anyone other than original purchaser is prohibited and violations of this policy are subject to citation and additional sanctions. Permit sharing may result in citation issuance, revocation or suspension of future permit privileges, refund forfeiture, and/or a referral to the Office of Student Support and Judicial Affairs (OSSJA).
Housing areas require permits 24 hours a day and are issued by the respective housing office. Parking is allowed in marked spaces only that are designated for parking. There is a 10 MPH speed limit in all parking lots.
- Monthly or longer term parking permits are sold by the full calendar month (the first day of the month through the last day of the month) and are not prorated for partial months.
- Daily permit options are available for visitors and others who only need occasional or short term parking.
- Permits are not required on weekends or University holidays, unless special event attendants are present.
- Housing areas and restricted spaces require display of an appropriate permit 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Campus housing residents are generally not eligible for long-term day use permits.
- Hangtag-style permits should be visibly displayed hanging from the rearview mirror, with the permit number and type facing out.
- Decal permits must be attached to the rear bumper on the driver's side of the vehicle or attached to a plastic vehicle card and placed on the driver's side of the dashboard or windshield.
- For customers who drive a motorcycle or convertible and require a more secure method to display their permit, a wire cable, lock and permit holder is available for an additional non-refundable fee. The cable may be locked to the steering wheel or frame to prevent loss or theft. Please contact Transportation Services for current rates.