Appeal a Citation
In response to the Yolo County Shelter in Place order and the Chancellor’s guidance to suspend campus operations, the Transportation Services office will be closed until further notice. PLEASE NOTE that citation payment and appeal due dates will remain in effect according to established schedules. Payments and appeals may be submitted online or by mail (postmarks will be honored) if preferred.
The Process of an Appeal
Steps to Fiile an Appeal for Your Citation
- Appeals can be filed online, by US Mail or in-person at the Transportation Services Office. An Appeal Form for mail and in-person submissions can be downloaded here or obtained by calling Transportation Services at 530-752-8277.
- For online submissions, you will receive an email confirmation upon successful submission of your appeal. If you do not receive a confirmation, please contact Transportation Services to ensure that your appeal was received.
- Successful submission of an appeal will suspend processing on the citation while it is under review, and there will be no billing notice sent or late fee added during that time.
- You will be provided with written notice of the outcome of the appeal, whether the fine is dismissed or upheld. Citations that are dismissed will not require any further action, but fines that are upheld will be due within 21 days from the date the determination letter is mailed.
- Follow up with the Transportation Services office to check the status of your appeal if you do not receive a decision by US Mail within 10 days from the date your request for review was submitted.
- Citations that are upheld as a result of this initial review may be contested further by requesting an Administrative Hearing. Instructions for filing a request will be included with the appeal decision. A request for Hearing with the Yolo County Superior Court Traffic Division may be filed for citations upheld at the second level. For instructions and other information regarding this process, please contact Transportation Services.