Payment Plans for Indigent (low-income) Vehicle Owners
Transportation Services (TS) offers a payment plan application process for indigent vehicle owners who have multiple unpaid UC Davis parking citations for violations that occurred on or after 7/1/18.
Are you eligible for a payment plan?
- Applicant is the registered owner of the vehicle that citations are issued to per DMV records, as of the date of all violations submitted for consideration
- The vehicle record shows multiple unpaid UC Davis parking citations issued within the last 60 days, for violations that occurred on or after 7/1/2018
- Applicant meets indigent status as determined based on the income criteria and/or public benefits described in Subdivision (a) and/or (b) of Section 68632 of the Government Code
- The application and all documentation are submitted to Transportation Services within 120 days of citation issuance, or 10 days after an Administrative Hearing determination is sent
Steps to set up a payment plan:
- 1. Complete Application
- The registered owner of the vehicle must complete a Parking Citation Payment Plan and Indigent Status Application:
• Click here to download the Parking Citation Payment Plan and Indigent Status Application
• Read all instructions and information on page 1 of the application
• Fully complete and sign page 2 of the application
• Attach a copy of your DMV registration for the vehicle the citations were issued to
• Attach a lease one of the following to your application:
- → Proof you are receiving benefits from any public assistance programs (e.g. SSI, SNAP, CalFresh, CFAP, TANF, etc.)
- → Proof of income for all individuals living in the household (e.g. paystubs/earnings statements for last two months, checking/savings account statements for last two months, etc.)
- 2. Submit Application
- Submit completed application and all necessary documentation to Transportation Services within 120 days of citation issuance, or 10 days after the administrative hearing (2nd level appeal) decision notice is sent, whichever is later. The application may be submitted:
• In-person, at the Transportation Services office, 200 N. Dairy Road, Davis, CA 95616. Office hours are from 8:30 a.m.- 4 p.m., Monday through Thursday. (Effective 8/1/20 - Dropbox only, located to the left of the front doors)
• By mail -- Send application to Transportation Services, UC Davis, 1 Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616. The package must be postmarked on or prior to the due date. Registered mail is recommended as Transportation Services is not responsible for mail lost in transit.
- 3. Transportation Services will determine if the applicant is indigent.
- If indigence is determined, and all other eligibility requirements are met, Transportation Services will establish a monthly installment payment plan for qualified unpaid citations.
- See Disclaimer for indigent payment plans
- Please note that incomplete applications (or those missing required documentation) will not be considered. Transportation Services will send notice of the indigency determination by US Mail or email, according to the option selected on the application form within 2 weeks from the date of receipt. It is the applicant’s responsibility to follow up with the Transportation Services office if a determination is not received within 2 weeks from the application date.
Individuals approved for a payment plan are required to notify Transportation Services if their financial situation changes, for a reevaluation of the payment plan terms. If applicant falsifies information, fails to report changes that may impact their eligibility or defaults on the payment plan, all unpaid fines, and penalties/late fees shall be reinstated and submitted to the DMV for a hold against the vehicle registration. UC Davis students and employees may also have parking privileges revoked, and/or be subject to other sanctions in addition to reinstatement of the full amount of unpaid fines and penalties/late fees shall be reinstated and submitted to the DMV for a hold against the vehicle registration.
Conditions of approved payment plan: Penalties/late fees and notification to DMV will be waived as long as all terms of the payment plan are met. Payment of a one-time $5 processing fee will be added to approved payment plans. Monthly installments of $25 will be scheduled for plan amounts of $500 or less and payment plans exceeding $500 will be divided by 24 months to determine the monthly amount due. All payments must be submitted by mail (checks only, made payable to "UC Regents") or in person at the TS office no later than the established due date