Thank you for going electric!
We don’t have to tell you that driving an electric vehicle is in step with the sustainability goals of the University. For our part, Transportation Services remains committed to supporting commuters who choose to drive electric vehicles and we are always working to build upon our existing charging infrastructure to better support your carbon-free commute!
Charging and Parking
Electric vehicles (EV) may utilize parking spaces designated for electric vehicle charging at various locations around campus. These spaces provide access for charging purposes only, up to the posted time limit, and are not meant for daily parking. Please be courteous to other electric vehicle drivers and do not unplug vehicles without the owner’s express consent. Transportation Services requests that you return the cord to the charging station when finished.
EV Parking Payment Options
- Daily Parking/Charging | You may pay one daily rate to park and charge your electric vehicle through ParkMobile, the pay-to-park app. The price you pay by inputting the Electric Vehicle Zone number includes the cost of charging your eclectic vehicle for up to 4 hours, as well as the cost of parking your vehicle. After your 4 hours of charging are up, you may re-park in a C or L stall at no additional cost.
- To pay, look for the Electric Vehicle Zone Number within the app, which will be posted on signs located at charging station parking stalls. Input that zone number.
- Charge only up to the time posted, then move your vehicle to a Daily C or Daily L parking stall for the remainder of the day.
- ParkMobile Zone Numbers [click here to download chart]
- Monthly Rates, Level Rate Parking Program (LRPP) | The LRPP is a monthly parking payment option for employees with a staff title code who drive to campus every day and do not wish to pay daily to park via ParkMobile. Enrollment must be made through Transportation Services and an additional ELEC decal must be purchased. See below for further details:
- Enrollment in the LRPP is required. Click here for instructions on how to enroll.
- ELEC Charging Decal is required. For an EV charging decal, please contact Transportation Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 530-752-8277
- LEVEL 1 CHARGING (110 outlets)
Electric vehicles with a valid LRPP with an ELEC decal may park on campus in a space where the permit is honored. Those who are paying via ParkMobile can use any of the EV zone numbers to pay for charging. Vehicles may charge for an unlimited period each day when using outlets in areas not posted with a charging time limit.
- LEVEL 2 CHARGING STATIONS (32 amp chargers)
Vehicles with a valid LRPP with an ELEC decal may park and charge up to the posted 4-hour limit, after which time the vehicle must be moved to a parking space for which their permit type allows. For those without a physical permit, ParkMobile payment for an EV space is required. Vehicles are kept to the same 4 hour limit, at which time the driver would move to a non-restricted space in an C or L zone.
Transportation Services (TS) remains committed to supporting commuters who choose green commute alternatives.