Introducing Daily Rates for Parking
Daily Rate Overview
Our campus parking system is in need of an upgrade. Commute patterns are changing and Transportation Services (TS) is adapting operations in a way that can better serve campus and Aggies with flexible work and class schedules. Introducing a daily parking option allows for the campus community to pay for parking as they need.
You pay for the days you park, not for the days you don’t.
Offering monthly permits doesn't make sense as it used to. While Aggies continue to do their part to fully resume campus operations, we anticipate the number of employees and students visiting campus to remain low. Daily parking rates offer daily choices to staff and student drivers who are adapting to virtual work/learning as part of regular flexible schedules. For staff and those regularly driving to campus, daily parking rates are particularly important as a large portion of our workforce will continue working remotely for the foreseeable future. Similarly, daily rates will allow students to easily pay for the days they park on campus, rather than pay for an entire month. Plus, you can pay for parking from your phone with ParkMobile!
Daily Rate Pricing
|PARKING OPTIONS *||STUDENTS
Beginning Jan 1, 2021
Beginning Jan 1, 2021
|Monthly Permits||Discontinued Jan 1, 2021||Available until June 30, 2021|
* The A permit parking stalls will continue to be available for employees with monthly A permits, now through June 30, 2021. Transportation Services is currently looking into solutions to move the monthly A permits into a daily rate structure, but nothing has been confirmed.
Daily Rate Schedule
- STUDENTS - Daily Rates Begin on January 1, 2021
Daily parking rates take effect for students in C ($3/day) and L ($2/day) permit areas and may be paid for through the ParkMobile app. Monthly parking permits will no longer be available for students.
EMPLOYEES - Daily Rates Begin on July 1, 2021• Transportation Services is working with WageWorks to ensure there is an option for employees to use a pre-tax, payroll deduction option to load onto their ParkMobile accounts monthly. We will have more information closer to the new fiscal year in July 2021.
Daily parking rates take effect for employees in C ($3/day) and L ($2/day) permit areas and may be paid for through the ParkMobile app. (Pricing for daily A permit areas is still under review.) Monthly parking permits will no longer be available for employees.
• When the daily rates take effect for students on January 1, 2021, employees may choose to pay the daily parking rates (Daily C - $3, Daily L - $2) or continue to purchase a monthly parking permit, which will remain available to employees through June 30, 2021.
Pay for Daily Parking with ParkMobile
First time using ParkMobile?
- Download the ParkMobile App [Text me a link!]
- Set up your account with your UC Davis email address. Add as many vehicle license plates as you like.
- Enter the ParkMobile zone number (zone signs will be posted around campus lots).
- Input parking duration. Done. Though, if paying hourly, you may also extend your time, anytime, with the ParkMobile app.
No Cell Phone? No Problem.
- Click here to visit the ParkMobile website.
- Select Basic Membership (no fee)
- Enter your contact and vehicle information (follow prompts)
- Choose your payment option (PayPal, credit card)
- Once the account is set up, you may enter your parking zone and pay. To pay for parking in the future, simply visit ParkMobile by clicking here and sign in to your account.