New Parking Technology
We’re introducing upgraded transportation technology as early as Fall 2020
- Pay for parking from your phone using a credit/debit card or deposit pre-tax-funds as credits into your account to pay as needed
- A parking app that will allow users to easily find parking on campus by displaying real-time parking inventory. You can plan on where to park before leaving home!
- Solar-powered permitting stations, which will include multiple payment options and contactless payments (pay from your phone)
- A transition to a license plate permitting system to help track and manage parking demand on campus
- A transition to an online bicycle registration system that will simplify and streamline the registration process and improve communication with registered bicycle owners
Automated License Plate Recognition (ALPR)
ALPR (or LPR) technology is a computer-controlled camera system that scans license plate numbers to verify which vehicles have permits (i.e., are paying for their space) and which vehicles have not paid for their space. Essentially, your license plate will become your permit, making it easier to park without the need to display a hang tag. This system is used on many UC Campuses and cities around the country.
The University and Transportation Services are committed to ensuring the collection, use, maintenance, sharing, and dissemination of LPR information is used for official business purposes only, and is consistent with respect for individuals’ privacy and civil liberties.