Peace, Love, and Bicycles: Welcome First-Year Aggies! (It’s time to register your bike!)
Moov-In is happening now, and as we look to the weeks ahead, we are excited to welcome the Fall Quarter and the many new students arriving on campus to become part of the Aggie family. You know what else is exciting--seeing everyone coming through the Pavilion Parking Structure to get screened for COVID-19. And while you do your part to stay healthy, the Bicycle Program can also register your bike! Convenient, right?
REGISTRATION WHILE YOU WAIT: HERE’S HOW IT WORKS
The Bicycle Program will be set up on the ground floor of the Pavilion Parking Structure. To avoid wait times, we encourage you to make an appointment. We will also be available for drop-in registrations. Appointments will take priority over drop-ins and those who wish to wait will be offered service on a first-come-first-served basis.
If you know when you’re arriving on campus (with your bike--we'll need that), call us to get an appointment aligned with the necessary COVID-19 screening.
- Location of health screening/bicycle registration: Pavilion Parking Structure
- Bicycle Registration Time: 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday - Friday
- Cost of bicycle license: $12 (good for 2 years)
- (Recommended) Make an appointment by calling us at 530-752-2453 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment
- Make sure we have given you a confirmation on your time.
LIKE ADULT CONTEMPORARY JAZZ, LET’S MAKE THIS SMOOTH
When you arrive to the Pavilion Parking Structure to register your bike, here are some tips to make the process smooth for all:
- Bring your bicycle
- Wear your mask
- Visa/Mastercard or check payment only (no cash)
WHY DO YOU NEED TO REGISTER YOUR BIKE?
- It’s required | UC Davis Traffic and Parking Code states, “All bicycles used, stored, parked or operated on the University except UCDMC shall be licensed with a valid California bicycle license.” (Ch. 6, Section 6.01.)
- Reduce risk of theft | A registered bicycle is better protected against theft, because a registered bicycle is much more risky to steal. If a thief is found in possession of a registered bike that doesn’t belong to them, they will be forced to surrender it. Help deter theft, register your bike.
- Let’s stay together | A registered bicycle offers peace of mind for the owner and for the Bicycle Program, as we’re more likely to reunite a lost or stolen registered bicycle with its owner than a non-registered bicycle. Additionally the Bicycle Program oversees a robust abandoned bicycle abatement program. If your bicycle ends up forgotten, we kindly notify you of it’s forgotten location and afford an opportunity to retrieve it prior to impound. From time to time, construction work will require bicycle rack removal, and when that happens registered owners be notified right away. That early notification will give you a better chance of removing your bike before our team comes through to clear the racks in preparation for their removal. With over 27,000 bike parking spots on campus, there’s a lot of activity to keep them in good and available condition.
ABOVE ALL WE WANT YOU TO BE HAPPY
Beyond bicycle registrations our department wants to help you be a happy Aggie Bicyclist. If you ever need help -- being more comfortable, more confident, or just looking for basic biking advice, don’t hesitate to reach out to the Bicycle Program. Reach us at email@example.com or call us at 530-752-BIKE (2453).
Peace, Love, and Bicycles -- From your friends at the Bicycle Program