goClub Complimentary Parking Passes Are Back
New, returning and existing members of the goClub will receive up to 10 complimentary single-day parking passes for use on the Davis campus, valid through Dec. 31. This benefit of the goClub membership extends to anyone belonging to the carpool, train, bus, bike and walking programs.
Reinstating complimentary parking passes now is one way Transportation Services can immediately help our goClub members. The Aggie community has been through so much this year and Transportation Services will continue adapting services wherever it’s possible.
Moving Forward Together
Transportation Services staff have listened to a lot of students and employees since announcing that parking enforcement would resume on Aug. 1, with rate increases starting Sept. 1. Financial realities require that Transportation Services charge for parking, because the revenue maintains the campus infrastructure for roads, structures, pathways, bike parking and more. However, giving complimentary parking to sustainable commuters who occasionally need to drive to campus is something we can do as the most sustainable-minded University in the world.
Meeting This Moment
Reinstating benefits for goClub members comes on the heels of improvements to parking. It is part of a broader, long-term effort to adapt toward flexible commute schedules and introduce a more comprehensive campus parking system. Some recent updates include:
- More Hourly Parking Options - All campus permits dispensers now sell a range of hourly permits, which is more cost-effective for people like graduate students who may only need to park for part of the day while attending to research projects on campus.
- Easing Temporary Permit Restrictions - We’ve lifted some permit restrictions to allow A, C, and L permit holders to park closer to their on-campus destinations when heat and air quality are unhealthy.
Complimentary Permit, Registration and Information
All eligible goClub members will receive a complimentary parking pass for up to 10 days of parking on the Davis Campus, valid through December 31, 2020. New, returning and existing goClub members should follow the link below to register and request a complimentary parking pass. Current carpool permit holders don’t need to take any further action (we will mail your permit automatically).
Complimentary Permit Details, Next Steps
- Once we process your registration, you will receive an email from Transportation Services on how we can distribute your 10 complimentary single-day parking pass.
- Members of the goClub cannot have a parking permit. You may register prior to returning your parking permit, but you must give up your permit before we can issue you a complimentary parking pass. Please see below for more information on returning your parking permit in exchange for up to 10 complimentary parking passes.
Option for returning your parking permit
You may complete the survey prior to returning your parking permit. However, your complimentary single-day parking pass will not be processed until we have received your parking permit.
- EMAIL A PICTURE - Send us your name and UC Davis ID number, as well as a picture of your permit cut up into at least 5 pieces and send to email@example.com (barcode must be cut).
- DROP BOX - Place your permit in the drop box located just outside the Transportation Services’ lobby (located to the left of the front doors). Be sure to place your permit in an envelope and include a note requesting your permit cancellation.
- MAIL - Mail us your permit to Transportation Services, UC Davis, One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616. Mailing your permit may take extra time to process.
Please reach out with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org