Transportation Tomorrow Forum:
Maintaining Operations During an Uncertain Time
Thank you to everyone who participated in our Transportation Tomorrow Forum. We appreciate your time, engagement and questions. See below for a summary of the forum as well as a link to a recording of the presentation.
- TOPIC - Maintaining Operations During an Uncertain Time
- ORIGINAL DATE - October 8, 2020, 3:30-5p
- DISCUSSION TOPIC - Transportation Services is an auxiliary unit on campus, meaning we have to generate our own money in order to remain operational. No monies may be taken from student tuition, the University, or the State. Parking may not be given away free of charge. We must find ways to fund ourselves, which is done through the sale of parking permits and enforcement. Revenue earned goes back to pay for deferred maintenance as well as upkeep of campus roads, pathways and funding for commuting programs (goClub). In times of crisis, Transportation Services still must enforce parking and serve UC Davis, which may cause stress on essential workers and students who must continue to report to campus.
You are Executive Director of Transportation Services, there's a crisis and you must charge for parking. During a long-term crisis, what does a campus parking system look like to you?
- Perry Eggelston, Executive Director, Transportation Services
- Ramon Zavala, Transportation Demand Manager, Transportation Services
- Ryan Jones (Moderator), Engagement Coordinator, Transportation Services
If you have any issues accessing this recording or have questions, please email email@example.com.