While we remain committed to sustainable transportation, funding for the goClub (subsidies, transit vouchers) is made possible from parking revenue, which has seen an 80% decline since March 2020.
- Please call 530-752-8277 to see if a continued goClub membership is right for you.
Sale of Transit Passes & Vouchers Suspended
Transit passes and transit vouchers (Commuter Checks) will no longer be available for purchase from Transportation Services. Please see below for updates on where you may purchase transit passes.
Where do I purchase a transit pass?
- Unitrans passes may be purchased at:
Davis City Hall (Parks and Community Service, 23 Russell Blvd.)
Unitrans Business Office (5 South Hall, UCD)
- SOLANO EXPRESS
- SolanoExpress (Blue Line) passes may be purchased through FAST both in-person [click here] or by mail [click here]. Please see the modified schedule for SolanoExpress by clicking here.
- Yolobus uses Connect Card for use on transit throughout the Sacramento region. Click here to see retail outlets where you may obtain your Connect Card or order one and refill it online here. Please contact Yolobus directly at 530-666-2877 and ask to speak with Pass Sales if you have any questions or would like additional information. Students may board Yolobus with use of a valid UC Davis ID.
- DAVIS-BERKELEY SHUTTLE
- Davis-Berkeley Shuttle tickets may be purchased in advance by clicking here. As of July 1, all Wednesday and Saturday shuttle trips have been temporarily suspended due to low ridership. All other days will remain on the regular Shuttle schedule.
- CAUSEWAY CONNECTION
- Causeway Connection will be fare-free for all UC Davis affiliates through October. Click here to read more about fare-free boarding for affiliates. The Causeway Connection uses Connect Card for use on transit throughout the Sacramento region. See the modified schedule posted on the Causeway Connection's official webpage at causewayconnection.com and can be downloaded as a PDF by clicking here.
- AMTRAK (CAPITOL CORRIDOR)
- Amtrak (Capitol Corridor) passes may be purchased through Amtrak stations as well as on the Amtrak app. Amtrak will increase service beginning June 1, adding back some of the services it was forced to reduce when shelter-in-place orders went into effect. The updated schedule is available on the Schedules page of the Capitol Corridor website.
If you have a monthly or 10-ride ticket that you will not be using, you may request a refund by calling Amtrak at 1-800-USA-RAIL. Cancellation fees are waived through April 30, 2020, and refunds will be prorated based on the number of unused rides. Click here for more details and see the steps below if you purchased your pass through WageWorks.