EasyPark Personal Parking Meter
The EasyPark is your Personal Parking Meter. You may load anywhere from $25 to $300 in funds onto the device, and it is good in any visitor or meter space on campus. Park for as long as you want (within posted time limits) and pay only for the time you use to the second.
The EasyPark Personal Parking Meter is ideal for:
- The Days You Only Have One Class
- Working Out at the ARC
- Visiting the Craft Center
- Running Errands on Campus
EasyPark Frequently Asked Questions
- What is an EasyPark Personal Parking Meter (PPM)?
- The PPM is a small electronic device that you may display in your vehicle on an as needed basis to pay for parking. The PPM is displayed inside the vehicle from the driver's side window and once turned on it automatically deducts the parking fee from a pre-paid bank programmed inside the device. This allows you to pay only for the time you are parked, like a parking meter.
- How much does the PPM cost?
- The PPM requires an initial deposit of $33, which is fully refundable upon return of the undamaged unit. Funds can be added in increments of $25, up to a maximum of $300. When you park using the PPM, it will deduct funds from the device at the regular parking meter rate of $1.50 per hour, up to a cumulative maximum of $9 per day (the cost of a one-day visitor permit). The amount deducted is prorated down to the minute, so that you only pay for what you actually use.
- Where can I park with the PPM?
- The PPM is valid in Visitor and C parking permit areas on the main UC Davis campus only. It is also valid at meters, but only up to the posted time limit (for example, if the meter's posted time limit is 45 minutes, you may not park longer than45 minutes, regardless of how much time is remaining on your PPM). As with any Visitor permit, it is not valid in A permit spaces until after 5pm or in restricted spaces.
- Who can purchase a PPM?
- Since there are no eligibility requirements, anyone may purchase a PPM. The PPM is available to all staff, faculty, students, visitors, departments, vendors, etc. For departmental purchases using a recharge account, please use the Departmental Permit System.
- Can departments purchase a PPM?
- What is the process for purchasing additional hours for a PPM?
- Affiliates and visitors can simply bring the PPM to Transportation Services, and reload funds in increments of $25, up to $300. Transportation Services accepts cash, check, Master Card or Visa. Departments can purchase additional hours by bringing the PPM to Transportation Services along with a written recharge request, which should indicate the total amount of the purchase and the serial number of the unit being reloaded.
- Is the PPM difficult to use?
- The PPM is very simple to use. Locate a valid parking space, park the vehicle, activate the PPM and display it from the driver's side window (on the inside). Upon return to the vehicle, simply switch the PPM off and the payment stops. Put the PPM in your glove box or other secure place until the next time you need to use it.
- What are the benefits of purchasing a PPM instead of purchasing a daily Visitor Permit or using a meter?
- The PPM provides maximum flexibility and is beneficial for customers because they are charged only for the time they are parked. The PPM will deduct from its bank at the regular parking meter rate of $1.50 per hour while it is running, however vehicles are not required to park at a meter and can use the PPM in any C or Visitor permit space.
- What if I lose the PPM- can anyone else use it?
- The unit, and the minutes programmed on it, should be treated as cash. If the PPM is lost, a refund will not be processed for the lost time or the deposit. Anyone found using your lost PPM will be cited accordingly and Transportation Services will make every attempt to confiscate the PPM and return it to you.
- If I forget to turn the PPM off, can the minutes be reloaded?
- If you forget to turn off the PPM, the minutes will continue to count down until the daily maximum ($9) is reached, so it is very important to turn the PPM off after each use. Please note that a refund will not be processed for time lost.