goClub Membership Updates
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the campus’ suspension of operations, Transportation Services halted the enforcement and sale of parking permits on the UC Davis campus when the campus suspended operations in mid-March resulting in zero parking revenue for much of March, and all of April, May, June, and July. Fall quarter parking demand is expected to up to 30% (down from a norm of 90-95%). With the goClub being funded via parking permit sales and enforcement fines, we have had to make significant cuts to our subsidy offerings.
Despite these changes, our commitment to sustainable transportation is only temporarily eclipsed by public health guidance and what we hope to be short-term budget challenges.
The following goClub member subsidies will be eliminated indefinitely:
Transit Subsidies Suspended (WageWorks/HealthyEquity)
Subsidies offered via WageWorks will be suspended as of July 31, 2020 and will thus affect the pricing of your September transit pass/Commuter Card deposit. If you do not wish to continue to purchase a transit pass or deposit funds on your Commuter Card without a subsidy, you have until August 10 to change your recurring order via the WageWorks website. Note that despite the elimination of the subsidy, you can still save money by purchasing your transit via WageWorks as the transaction is pre-tax and thereby reduces your tax liability.
Complimentary Parking Permits Suspended
Complimentary parking permits for goClub members (GCA and GCC permits) will be suspended until further notice. No new complimentary parking permits will be distributed to active goClub members. If parking on campus, a valid parking permit is required and parking will be enforced beginning August 1. Daily parking passes will be available at parking dispensers for $10/day.
- Please click here for more information on purchasing a monthly parking permit.
Student Carpool Permits Suspended
Students may no longer participate in the registered carpool program at this time, however students may develop their own carpools and share the cost of the commute to campus. When sharing the ride, we encourage exercising caution to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and (when possible) limit your carpooling to those within your household.
In-Person Sale of Transit Passes & Vouchers Suspended
Transit passes and transit vouchers (Commuter Checks) will no longer be available for purchase from Transportation Services. Please see below for updates on where you may purchase transit passes:
- Unitrans passes may be purchased at:
- Unitrans Business Office (5 South Hall, UCD)
- Davis City Hall (Parks and Community Service, 23 Russell Blvd.)
- SolanoExpress (Blue Line) passes may be purchased through FAST both in person [click here] or by mail [click here]. Please see the modified schedule for SolanoExpress by clicking here.
- Yolobus uses Connect Card for use on transit throughout the Sacramento region. Click here to see retail outlets where you may obtain your Connect Card or order one and refill it online here. Please contact Yolobus directly at 530-666-2877 and ask to speak with Pass Sales if you have any questions or would like additional information.
- Students may board Yolobus with use of a valid UC Davis ID.
- Davis-Berkeley Shuttle tickets may be purchased in advance by clicking here. As of July 1, all Wednesday and Saturday shuttle trips have been temporarily suspended due to low ridership. All other days will remain on the regular Shuttle schedule.
- Causeway Connection will be fare free for all UC Davis affiliates through October. Click here to read more about fare-free boarding for affiliates. The Causeway Connection uses Connect Card for use on transit throughout the Sacramento region.
- Amtrak (Capitol Corridor) passes may be purchased through Amtrak stations as well as on the Amtrak app. Amtrak will increase service beginning June 1, adding back some of the service it was forced to reduce when shelter-in-place orders went into effect. The updated schedule is available on the Schedules page of the Capitol Corridor website.
- If you have a monthly or 10-ride ticket that you will not be using, you may request a refund by calling Amtrak at 1-800-USA-RAIL. Cancellation fees are waived through April 30, 2020, and refunds will be prorated based on the number of unused rides. Click here for more details and see steps below if you purchased your pass through WageWorks.
Additional goClub Updates
There will be no changes to membership unless a member indicates they would like to cancel or change commute modes. Please contact the goClub if you wish to make any updates by emailing email@example.com.
goWalk | goBike
If you must commute to campus, going by foot or by bike is considered the safest and most sustainable way to travel short distances during the pandemic.
Both campus vanpools have suspended their routes until further notice.
- Questions? We're here to help! firstname.lastname@example.org