goClub Membership Updates
Last Updated September 23, 2020
Decreased Revenue and Reduced Membership Benefits
The sale of parking permits and enforcement make goClub membership benefits--such as transit subsidies and complimentary parking passes--possible. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and reduced campus of operations, Transportation Services halted the enforcement and sale of parking permits on the UC Davis campus when the campus suspended operations. This resulted in zero parking revenue for much of March, and all of April, May, June, and July.
Additionally, Fall Quarter parking demand is expected to up to 30% (down from a norm of 90-95%). With this significant loss in department revenue and loss in projected revenue, we had no choice but to make significant cuts to our goClub program offerings. Despite these changes, our commitment to sustainable transportation is only temporarily eclipsed by public health guidance and what we hope to be short-term budget challenges.
Transit Subsidies Suspended (WageWorks/HealthyEquity)
Subsidies offered via WageWorks was suspended as of July 31, 2020 and may have affected the pricing of members' September transit pass/Commuter Card deposits. Note that despite the elimination of the subsidy, you can still save money by purchasing your transit via WageWorks as the transaction is pre-tax and thereby reduces your tax liability. Please contact the goClub with questions at email@example.com.
Complimentary Parking Permits Available Through December 2020
Initially, complimentary parking permits for goClub members (GCA and GCC permits) had to be suspended. However, all eligible goClub members will receive a complimentary parking pass for up to 10 days of parking on the Davis Campus, valid through December 31, 2020. Reinstating complimentary parking passes now is one way Transportation Services can immediately help our active goClub members. The Aggie community has been through so much this year and Transportation Services will continue adapting services wherever it’s possible.
- If you wish to cancel you goClub membership and purchase a parking pass, please contact the goClub. Then, click here for more information on purchasing a monthly parking permit
- You must register/fill out a survey in order to receive your complimentary parking pass. They will not be distributed to members automatically. You may follow the link below.
Student Carpool Permits Suspended
Students may no longer participate in the registered carpool program at this time, however students may develop their own carpools and share the cost of the commute to campus. When sharing the ride, we encourage exercising caution to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and (when possible) limit your carpooling to those within your household.
In-Person Sale of Transit Passes & Vouchers Suspended
Transit passes and transit vouchers (Commuter Checks) will no longer be available for purchase from Transportation Services. Please see below for updates on where you may purchase transit passes:
- Unitrans passes may be purchased at:
- Unitrans Business Office (5 South Hall, UCD)
- Davis City Hall (Parks and Community Service, 23 Russell Blvd.)
- SolanoExpress (Blue Line) passes may be purchased through FAST both in person [click here] or by mail [click here]. Please see the modified schedule for SolanoExpress by clicking here.
- Yolobus uses Connect Card for use on transit throughout the Sacramento region. Click here to see retail outlets where you may obtain your Connect Card or order one and refill it online here. Please contact Yolobus directly at 530-666-2877 and ask to speak with Pass Sales if you have any questions or would like additional information.
- Students may board Yolobus with use of a valid UC Davis ID.
- Davis-Berkeley Shuttle tickets may be purchased in advance by clicking here. As of July 1, all Wednesday and Saturday shuttle trips have been temporarily suspended due to low ridership. All other days will remain on the regular Shuttle schedule.
- Causeway Connection will be fare free for all UC Davis affiliates through October. Click here to read more about fare-free boarding for affiliates. The Causeway Connection uses Connect Card for use on transit throughout the Sacramento region.
- Amtrak (Capitol Corridor) passes may be purchased through Amtrak stations as well as on the Amtrak app. Amtrak will increase service beginning June 1, adding back some of the service it was forced to reduce when shelter-in-place orders went into effect. The updated schedule is available on the Schedules page of the Capitol Corridor website.
- If you have a monthly or 10-ride ticket that you will not be using, you may request a refund by calling Amtrak at 1-800-USA-RAIL. Cancellation fees are waived through April 30, 2020, and refunds will be prorated based on the number of unused rides. Click here for more details and see steps below if you purchased your pass through WageWorks.
Additional goClub Updates
There will be no changes to membership unless a member indicates they would like to cancel or change commute modes. Please contact the goClub if you wish to make any updates by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
goWalk | goBike
If you must commute to campus, going by foot or by bike is considered the safest and most sustainable way to travel short distances during the pandemic.
Both campus vanpools have suspended their routes until further notice.
- Questions? We're here to help! email@example.com