Summer is around the corner and many Aggies who plan on living at home or traveling during the break, don’t plan ahead for what to do with their bicycle while they’re away. Bicycles left unattended over the summer are vulnerable to theft and vandalism and may be impounded with their owners charged for storage and any associated fines. The Bicycle Program with Transportation Service has some suggestions to help keep your bicycle ready to roll when you return to campus for the fall quarter.
Summer Bicycle Storage -- $25/summer (June-September 2019)
Students leaving the Davis area for the summer may store their bicycle at Transportation Services' secure storage facility. Space is limited and Transportation Services does not take reservations for storage space. Please see further information below:
- Drop off dates: June 10-14, 2019 from 9 am - 4 pm
- Pick up dates: September 23-27, 2019 from 9 am - 4 pm
- Only 250 bicycles may be stored. Spots are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis
- Bicycles must have valid California Bicycle License (a license may be purchased at Transportation Services for $12 new/$6 renewal)
- A $25 non-refundable storage fee is due upon bicycle drop-off
- Owners picking up bicycles after September 28, 2019 will be assessed a $15 admin fee
- Bicycles remaining in storage 60 days after the pick-up deadline may be considered abandoned and will be impounded
Bicycle Cage Storage -- $10/month (plus a $20 deposit)
Transportation Services has a secure bicycle cage located in the Quad parking structure available for rent year-round. Students may pay to use the space, leave their bicycle as long as they like (provided they are current rental payment), and access the cage as needed. Space is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information and to check availability of parking spaces within the cages, email@example.com.
For more information about storing a bicycle over the summer at UC Davis, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.