goClub | goCarpool Details
Why choose goCarpool?
Driving to campus? Grab a friend or someone on your same route (and schedule). Or, if you are able carpool and share the ride as your primary commute, we encourage you to give it a try. If you're concerned about getting started, try Zimride, a carpooling network for the Aggie Community that connects you with other students, faculty, or staff either headed to or leaving from UC Davis.
Commuting to campus by carpool is an excellent way to hang out with friends, make new friends, and reduce traffic congestion. Join the goClub as a goCarpool member and be a part of the club with others looking for an affordable, low-stress commute.
Become a goCarpool Member!
As a registered goCarpool member, Transportation Services will provide you with the following benefits and incentives:
- Pay less for parking -- split the cost of your "A" or "C" permit rates
- Reserved parking for annual carpool permit holders
- Pre-tax payroll deduction for staff & faculty
- Before you apply, make sure your local address is current:
- Employees, update your local address in UCPath
- Click here to see current carpool permit rates
- Click here to see STEPS FOR STAFF/FACULTY TO SET UP A CARPOOL
- 1. Carpools may be 2-3 persons (including driver); a carpool coordinator and carpool partner(s). All carpool riders need to arrive to campus in a single-vehicle, and have traveled a minimum of half the distance to campus together.
2. Once you have your carpool riders, download one application. Click here to download a staff/faculty carpool application.
3. All the riders will need to complete a single form (i.e. one form per carpool of 2-3 persons).
4. The carpool coordinator needs to submit the completed student goCarpool application to Transportation Services.
5. If the application is approved, carpool coordinator and partners will be able to purchase a parking permit, and are eligible to join the goClub (goCarpool).
Click here for a STAFF/FACULTY CARPOOL PERMIT REGISTRATION FORM